The Calgary Yacht Club is the largest educational, training and competitive centre for youth sailing in Alberta. Committed to the development of young sailors, The Club runs a comprehensive program led by qualified and dedicated coaches where the focus is on participation and fun as much as it is on skill development and race training. The program aims to develop life-long sailors and a love of the sport.
Operating on Tuesday and Thursday evenings throughout the season, the program provides participants with equipment, coaching, and logistical support while introducing them to the competitive aspects of dinghy sailing. Participants can also access coaching and support at racing events throughout Alberta.
The program fees cover coaching expenses for classroom and on-water time during Spring Training Camps, Tuesday night training sessions, and Thursday night racing. The costs associated with attendance at regattas, including boat transportation, registration fees, and coaching support, are NOT included in the program fee.
Training as a group, our youth sailors can expect:
- - Social, fitness, and education activities to build the team dynamic and learn about sailing.
- - Training camps three times during the season, with two in May and one mid-July
- - Tuesday night coached sessions held throughout the summer
- - Development of racing skills during The Club's Thursday night Twilight Racing Series
- - Debriefing sessions following coached activities
- - Participation at selected local, provincial, and national regattas held across North America
For further information on our programs, please contact:
Laurie Dunn, Club Manager at 403-272-3300 or
Download Program Description Here
CALGARY YOUTH SAILING CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
GOAL: “To be a centre of excellence for Prairie sailing and youth development”
MISSION: “To develop youth racing at the Calgary Yacht Club”